WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday

Traveling around the home territory, the Amish were out and about. This first, a family at the local plaza doing a bit of shopping. The nearest Amish residence I know from this plaza is at least 9-10 miles away. That will be quite a ride for these folks.
Later that day, this buggy on a back road passed by us.
This Chippy so far has avoided Azrael. I can't believe she hasn't caught it, and each day it raids my birdfeeders. No matter they are so cute.
Checking on the bay on Presque Isle, Lake Erie finds a couple fisherfolks enjoying some nice weather. Lots of times huge freighters will tie up  on the left area dock.
We were treated to a beautiful sunset a few days ago after a short rain shower. However I can never get very good sunset photos from our home because there is a ski resort due West of our property and the mountains block the low setting sun.

Finally this is Maggie my elderly barn cat. She will be 25 years old this year. Quite a lady she is. Now deaf, she takes her position every evening in the front yard right on the "path" I will take to the barn where I will put all the chickens to bed. I usually will carry her over to the barn, and that's where she will spend the night up in our small hay loft.. She no longer hunts, and spends most days sleeping on the barn floor or maybe laying out in the sun. When she was around 5 years old, I suspect she suffered a stroke. She was missing for 4 days, and when she came home she was covered with pine pitch making me think she had been up in a tree. Anyway she walked leaning to one side and her back leg on one side just wasn't right for a long time, but over time she recovered, and is still hanging in there.
It's been a beautiful day, and more to come tomorrow, but really it's going to be hot.
Take care everyone..

7 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful photos!
LOVE that header shot too!

Arija said...

Lovely to see that you have been out and about a bit. I adore your old Maggie, what a trouper! My Millie only made it to 22 but may have been older as she adopted me when she was middle-aged.

Han in there Maggie and you too!

TexWisGirl said...

what a sweet old thing maggie is!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sunset is beautiful.I find those horse and buggy scenes very interesting.It's like stepping back in time.

Ms. Becky said...

I just love this peek into your day. and how it ends with sweet Maggie. what a dear. She looks very healthy for being 25. my own three sisters just turned 15 and I thought that was old! we take good care of them and give them love love love and that's what they thrive on. thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello, I truly appreciate that. happy week to you Becky.

Cicero Sings said...

Interesting about Maggie. She is enjoying a good retirement at any rate.

Mary said...

Maggie is such a dear cat! I think that is the oldest I have known a cat to live. Especially an outdoor cat! If you should want to relocate that chippy send it with a mate to me :-) I think they are so adorable.