WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thursday morning

 
 
Wednesday evening as the moon came into view. I ran out and in the dark to take this picture, and had to squeeze between the split rail fence and a big Spruce tree. Then all night I felt like there were bugs in my hair..
 
 
Thursday morning, and the beautiful sunrise. It's still cold, 27 deg. and with the gusty wind it sure seems much colder. I still have the wood stove going.
 
 
I haven't had Purple finches all winter, but a few pairs have showed up now.
 
The Goldfinches have finally gotten some of their summer colors. I love these birds, and have lots!
Have a wonderful day everyone.

2 comments:

Arija said...

A wonderful moon coming up. It was spectacular here too. Lovely sunrise as well.
I lost one of my bantams today. Will do an autopsy tomorrow. It seemed to have it's crop blocked but in a funny place. Really sad, she was one of my best layers.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is great to see the birds showing up even if it is still cold.