Walking along one of my trails the other evening, I spied this Cecropia moth. It is quite large, and even without it's winds fully open, still is very impressive. I haven't seen one before. It stayed on this branch for 3 days, and when I looked today it had gone.
Early this morning my good friend and neighbor Cindy saw this mature Bald eagle on her morning walk. I was lucky to get a few shots. It never gets old, and I will try to get pictures every time I see one.
I have a pair of Bluebirds nesting in my back yard. I put a coon guard on the post that holds the house, and hope this year there will be babies.
After the brutal winter we had I was doubtful that my Azalea and Rhodie would get any flowers at all, but as you can see I was pleasantly surprised.
It's been a very busy Spring. As you probably know my son Steve and I sell eggs. At present we have 80+ laying hens, and in the last 2 weeks got 132 baby chicks in the mail. It is always busy taking care of them, plus I also have Pigeons, Bantam chickens and now 2 young goats in my barn. In future posts, I'll put pictures of them all on the blog.
I hope things are going well for everyone. Take care.
1 comment:
Everything so colorful! I love the header photo of the squirrel :-)
Post a Comment