WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, July 12, 2009

More of the Creek Trail

Before we go on our creek trail walk, I just wanted to show a Rose that opened today. It's called Fairy rose, and measures about 1" across. These blossoms are so dainty, and the buds are the size of your pinkie fingernail. OK, now onto the creek trail early yesterday morning. It was really humid, and the mosquitoes can be quite pesky! This little Spotted Sandpiper was bobbing up and down as he searched the creek bank for food.
Can you see me now?

Here we have Canada Thistle.

Tall Meadow Rue grows everywhere and can get to be quite tall. Some nearly 6 ft.


These are Thin leafed Sunflowers. They grow up a steep bank, and I couldn't get any closer.
I finally saw my first Damselfly this season and it's a male Ebony Jewelwing.

There was rain in the forecast while I was down there walking, so I didn't stay too long.
We got some pretty violent rain complete with thunder and lightening around 7PM last night. We got over 1" of rain too.
Today Gary and I will be married 40 years ! Where has the time gone? It seems like yesterday we were headed to Nashville Tennessee on our honeymoon when Gary got burned from an exploding radiator cap on our station wagon, but that's another story....
I think we'll just spend the day relaxing, enjoying our family and watching the Yankees ( hopefully) win the ball game.

6 comments:

Arija said...

Happy Anniversary! 40 is a pretty good score these days where more get divorced than marry. We've topped 51 not out.
I love your nature walks and garden observations. I was so afraid I had lost my garlic, the only one left by our old ruin from the 1850's. I had transplanted it to our garden but feared for its wellbeing after the culmination of our 6 year drought in a dreadful summer. Thank God it has sprouted again with our present winter rain!

Cicero Sings said...

Wow, 40 years ... Happy Anniverary!

We are heading into another hot spell. I'm not fond of hot. It also means D will be very busy in the forecasting department.

jan m said...

Happy Anniversary Becky! We are coming up on 37. Hope the exploding radiator cap was not too unfortunate. I seem to remember one in our past history, but no injury to my husband, thank goodness.
The evening storm passed just north of us last night, but we had a good one midday. Today was beautiful! Hope it was the same for you on your special day.

The Right Blue said...

Happy Anniversary to Becky and Gary. Wow, 40 years. I'll toast to that!

Bobbie

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Happy Anniversary to a great couple.Hope that each year together is better than the one before.
I enjoyed the crrek walk as always.The sunflower picture has a neat perspective.
Blessings,Ruth

Mary said...

Beautiful shots of the flowers and the sandpiper. I just posted an Ebony Jewelwing today, too...had never seen one before...but mine is green and yours is blue. Is that the difference in male and female?