WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, June 27, 2010

A beautiful Saturday

On a dewey morning is a good time to search for the Funnel Weaver spider. Easily found on the grass, the spider hides down in the dark hole. When they feel a vibration on their web they hurry out to bite the prey. I was able to gently tap on the web, so you can see what the spider looks like.
Yesterday we spent a few hours on Presque Isle. While near the Coast Guard residence, we heard a siren and saw the Coast Guard boat speeding out the channel. We heard later that there was a large fishing boat out on the lake that was sinking. It did sink, but all on board were rescued.

Lots of family fishing fun.


A tall ship sailing toward us with the North Pier lighthouse in view.

The Denis Sullivan from Milwaukee, Wisconsin sails toward the city of Erie, Pennsylvania.



Driving around the Peninsula, we see this lady sitting out back of her camper enjoying the sun.

We signed up for a 1 hour ride on this pontoon boat ride. It takes you on a really peaceful
cruise out to the Lagoons. More on this ride later in the week.


8 comments:

Richard King said...

Interesting spiders. We have similar ones here in Western Australia.

The Chair Speaks said...

Lovely gossamer.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I love that tall ship.Even though I have spent all my life on the prairies,I like to see the majesty of those sails unfurled.Thanks.
Blessings,Ruth

EG CameraGirl said...

The Denis Sullivan is an impressive looking ship!

It has never occurred to me to tap on the web of a funnel weaver to get it to show itself. You are so clever!

I look forward to seeing a little more about the lagoon.

Anonymous said...

Nice series. I like the tall ship shots especially.

jan m said...

Looks like a nice day and sunny skies.

Arija said...

How glorious to go fishing with a ship sailing by.

Mary said...

What a cool spider web! Every time you post the lake, I wish I was there with you. Great shots. That must have been interesting to see the Coast Guard boat go out and know where they went. I'd love going on the pontoon boat. Look forward to seeing what you saw.