WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, June 28, 2012

It's Thursday, and a hot one!

I decided to take some shots of a few of my roses that are blooming now. I see the Japanese beetles are hot on the trail, and will soon be eating everything in sight. Thank goodness for photographs. At least I can still see them when the flowers are at their best. I've tried the beetle traps in the past, but my experience is that the traps just invite more beetles to the area. I try to pick them off the plants and into a can of kerosene.

Last but not least, look what I caught yesterday... DOUBLE TROUBLE! Oh my,   I didn't expect this. Well, I was able to successfully and VERY quietly cover up each trap, load them into the back of our son's truck, ( didn't dare carry them in our van :~( ) and transport them to the woods about 8 miles away. I let them go free, and neither one even thanked me!! LOL But at least I didn't get skunked!!
It's going to be a hot one today. I got all my laundry done yesterday, some windows washed, and now I must water the garden today. We have had no rain and everything is getting quite dry.
Have a wonderful day all, and stay cool.

2 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your roses are beautiful.

Mary said...

Your roses are beautiful. Japanese beetles are a lot of trouble. I cut down my Rose of Sharon bushes because they attracted so many of them, but the bushes keep sending up new little bushes all over the place. Another reason to get rid of them! Glad you didn't get skunked!