WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's Thursday, This and That

Driving home yesterday on a wooded back road, I just had to stop and take a picture of this young buck. I was quite a ways away, and as soon as I tried to move closer he ran into the woods.
I have seen this Great Blue heron daily on this small farm pond. There must be good fishing here for him to stay around..
The lilies are beginning to bloom. Can't wait for the wild orange ones to open up.
Down the road on a neighbors barn I saw all these Turkey vultures sunning themselves early this morning..

Just a closer look.
Have a great rest of the week.

2 comments:

Arija said...

That young buck is a real darling. So glad you took a shot at him before trying to move closer.
Aren't back roads great for birds and wildlife generally?

Hope you are coping well. Here there is so much happening, I don't get a minute at the computer. Will write when I can.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh I hope that young one stays out of the road!!!!