WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wild Bird Wednesday

We took a ride yesterday to my favorite lace to spot migrating ducks, at the Barcelona harbor on Lake Erie, and I saw these Lesser Scaups. They were far out in the harbor, and it was such a dark gloomy day. Very difficult to get decent photographs. Lots of Buffleheads, and Ring-necked too.

A couple more Scaups.





                                                  This was the only Ring-necked that was even close enough to get a picture. I'll try to go back again before next week, and see what is there then. Last year I saw Brandt geese, and would love to see them again.
Have a wonderful rest of the week, and click over to http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com to check out Stewart's blog and see lots more birds.

8 comments:

Arija said...

So glad you could get out for a while and snap these pretty ducks. Did you get a chance to hunt for water worn glass?

eileeninmd said...

It is great to see all the winter ducks. Great sighting of the Scaups.

Unknown said...

Great captures!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Mary said...

Very pretty ducks! I need to get out and search for some migrants.

Ruth Hiebert said...

seeing the ducks coming back is always a thrill. No open water here as yet,but it will happen soon,I hope.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love to watch ducks; my link this week was to a new one for me... yours would be too.

Leave It To Davis said...

This quacks me up. Pretty ducks!!

Stewart M said...

These a great little diving ducks - they look a lot like the tufted ducks I used to see in the UK (although I know that they are not!)

Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW

Stewart M - Melbourne