WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Wild Bird Wednesday

Yesterday, I happen to see some different activity in my back yard. I ran to get my camera, and wasn't disappointed. These Meadowlarks are new lifer for me, and these males aren't getting along so well. Apparently there is a lady involved...
 
 
They were only here for a short time, and I felt honored..
We're still deep in winter here, but there is hope for warmer temps next week.
To see lots more birds, click on over to Stewart's site http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com

                                           






11 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! That is quite the fight and you got a great shot of it.

Mary said...

These are fantastic! I never get to see them close and have never seen any fighting. You were in the right place at the right time for sure!

mick said...

Beautiful birds. Did you find out which one won?

Carletta said...

Wonderful capture of the action Becky!
Congrats on a new lifer.

I'm hoping for warmer weather here too. If the weatherman is right we'll have a nice Easter weekend.

Dave said...

that's how birds can really leave you with a feel good factor, well done

eileeninmd said...

Awesome birds, lucky you! Beautiful photos!

Stewart M said...

Splendid picture. Seems that there could be a bit of spare testosterone there!

But it must mean that spring is coming.

Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW - Stewart M - Melbourne

Flat Creek Farm said...

Wonderful captures! That "fight" is amazing - you are fast! I wait for their song every year :) They've actually been here in MO several weeks, but.. winter has remained. -Tammy

Wally Jones said...

Looks like Spring is almost there! I love the Meadowlark's song. They're not too shabby to look at, either!

Unknown said...

Great close ups!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Arija said...

Looks to be a territorial fight. I wonder if you will have a pair nesting somewhere near by soon. Just keep your ears open for their 'skylarking'. It is so lovely to hear them singing in the early morning.