Last week I was privileged to be able to photograph my first ever sighting of a Snowy owl. It was about 200 ft. away high atop this telegraph pole out in the center of a large hay field. I was so excited. I have been searching forever it seems, and the local Audubon Society commented on their Facebook page about the location. Even though it was around 30 miles from home, I took off with both my cameras. I wasn't able to get very close, as it was suggested to keep your distance so they wouldn't be frightened. Still I sat for over 30 minutes watching with my binoculars too. My only wish was that I had a bigger lens...
The weather has been bitter cold here, and not over the freezing mark for days. There is promise of some warmth in the forecast soon!
3 comments:
Lovely.I am so glad you got to see and photograph this bird. I am still waiting to see my first Snowy of the year.
Wonderful capture, Becky. You were so lucky to see him.
So sorry I missed this post and wonderful sighting Becky. Blogger forgot to bring up this and the next post!
Post a Comment