On a early morning Creek trail walk, you can see the bright sun shining on French Creek. The trail here splits around a big Willow tree.Another section of the trail.
Way up the creek, a Mallard duck rests on a gravel bar.
The Forget-Me-Nots are beginning to bloom.
This Mama Kingbird is sitting on her nest way out over the water. She was there last year too, and raised a healthy brood.
The Cow Parsnip is now at least 6 ft. high.
Lots of pink Phlox are blooming too.
A little feather landed on the trail.
I'm not sure what this is, but it is very dainty.
This pond snail was inching along.
Also saw some Tent caterpillars. I looked for their nest, but couldn't find it-yet-.
These Ants were busy, but I'm not sure what they were up to.
It was a cool wet day. Thursday should be better, and will give me time to finish planting the garden.
LOL...I'm just laughing because Joan likes your "buggy" post. I like the bird's nest...great find and the phlox are one of my favorite flowers. This looks like such a pretty place to have so close to you.
6 comments:
Oh WOW!! WHat a lovely trail Becky. It is so green. Love the small stuff. :)
So much to observe along your trail Becky. It must be interesting to see things as they change through the seasons.
You have a lovely place to walk too.It is so nice to have some nice weather so we can get out and enjoy the works of nature.
What a lovely walk in the sunshine. Thank you for taking us along! I liked seeing everything except those dang tent caterpillars. ;-)
LOL...I'm just laughing because Joan likes your "buggy" post. I like the bird's nest...great find and the phlox are one of my favorite flowers. This looks like such a pretty place to have so close to you.
Your trail looks so inviting.Your pictures show it well.
Blessings,Ruth
Post a Comment