WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday

This is another shot up the Allegheny river above Warren, Pa where I spent my summers when I was young. What a beautiful area.
This plant growing in the crotch of this big Willow tree caught my eye.
We did have some blue sky this week earlier, and there are a few pretty leaves left.
Mama Cardinal stopped by for a snack. She looks ready for winter.
I have this Toad Lily growing in a dark corner of the house where it doesn't get much sun. I almost forgot about it, so I snipped off a stem, and brought it inside to enjoy..
Check out what we had Friday afternoon! Not what we wanted. Fortunately it is all gone by Saturday evening.

3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Lovely series of photos, the river scene is beautiful. And I love the female cardinal, she is pretty. Your lily is gorgeous. Wonderful photos, happy Sunday!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The little plant growing in the other tree is quite cute. I am glad to hear the snow didn't stay too long.

Mary said...

Great series! Sorry that you are seeing snow already....so early! I hope it stays away for a long while yet here.