WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday

We're due a frost tonight, and I managed to get this shot of the last for sure rose.
I always carry my camera with me when I mow grass, and I was lucky enough to capture this poor Fritillary butterfly. It really is tattered.
In a neighboring town these 100's of Canada geese spend most of the day resting and later will descend on the local corn fields.
I've never seen so many geese in one spot before. I also noticed some Snow geese, and a lone Merganser, but didn't get very good shots. I'll go back tomorrow, and try again if they are there.
As I mentioned a frost is predicted for tonight. The Butternut squash is picked along with all the tomatoes, and all the flowers put into the garage.
Hope everyone is having a good week-end.

5 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

What a lot of geese in a concentrated area!

TexWisGirl said...

oh, the geese would be magnificent to see!!! and hear!

Jan n Jer said...

Yep...we had our first frost here last night...it was a light one! Thinking this may be the last time we have to mow the lawn! We get alot of geese here also. Great shots!

forgetmenot said...

Lovely rose--sad to see the season be over, but every season has its beauty so "bring on Fall and Winter"!!! Love your pumpkin bouquet in your header. Have a nice week. Mickie )

Mary said...

That rose is beautiful! And the geese...wow!