WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday

I'm late in getting this posted because I had no Internet all day and all night yesterday. How frustrating!! I spent a good share of the day on the phone with various techs after I changed the password in my wireless router and from then on everything went downhill! Nothing worked! Too many techs giving me instructions on what to do, and then disconnecting me from them, and having to go back and of course talking to a different person and  having to explain the whole issue over again. What a pain! Somehow in the process of all the instructions that were given to me, a few of the settings on the computer got changed and I had no Internet connection. At 9:30PM I finally gave up and went to bed..Finally this morning at 9:00 I reached a tech that I could understand and that was smart! He had me back on line in no time.
I don't like to complain, but I have this thing about talking on the phone to representatives that don't speak clearly ( I really prefer to use chat rooms. At least they type so I can understand) and who don't give correct directions.
There! I got that off my chest. Any one else run into this problem??  Thanks for listening....
We've had a huge flock of Starlings hanging around lately. I don't remember them here this late in the winter, and thankfully they don't visit my feeders.
I have LOTS of Blue-jays too, and they scare all the other birds away, but I still love their gorgeous color.
It rained all day yesterday and we had VERY high winds. So much snow had melted too. Can't complain about that.
Hope everyone is having a great day.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Glad you are back on line and agree with you totally!

TexWisGirl said...

Sorry about the internet woes! such a pain! you can keep your mobs of starlings. I've got my blackbirds.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I totally understand the frustration of talking with techs who don't speak english well.Glad you got it all resolved.

Arija said...

The starlings NOT coming to your feeders is one of those thing we thank God for small mercies for.
Great blue jay on the snow covered nesting box.

Getting instructions from internet and computer geeks is something outside my field and can only commiserate with you. If I have a problem, i drop it in my daughter's or grandchildren's laps.

Look on the bright side, at least getting riled did wonders for your circulation for a while.