WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Macro Monday

Each time we get near the lake I just can't resist taking pictures of the Gulls.
This one was especially pretty I thought.
These are Ring-billed gulls, and very popular around here.
Click on over to http://lisaschaos.com to see what Lisa has done with this cool meme.

11 comments:

Teresa said...

This is a very pretty bird!

TexWisGirl said...

he's very pretty. :)

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Gulls are great photo subjects, aren't they? Excellent shots!

Arija said...

Your new header is a gem with all the geese digging through the snow for their supper.

The gulls certainly are pretty. Are they juveniles or do the adults also have that charming striped effect?

Lea's Menagerie said...

Beautiful!
Happy New Year!
Lea

Anonymous said...

Birds are great to photograph aren't they?! Nice job.
From Alissa@look.find.inspire

Hootin Anni said...

I honestly can say I don't think we have these gulls around our neck of the woods!! Fascinating.

Oh, and I know you're a Yankees' fan, but I must stop and thank those NY Giants for beatin' the pants off the big ass Dallas Cowboys last night. [I'm texan and LOVE when Dallas loses, I 'hate' 'em that much]

My link for today: RAINDROPS on ROSES - a few of my favorite things!

Happy New Year...

Anonymous said...

I love shots of nature, and these are truly lovely.

Anna said...

Great shots of this Gulls!

Greetings from Holland,
Anna :-))

Kerri Farley said...

A Beauty for Sure!!

Happy New Year and Many Blessings for 2012 :)

Ida said...

This is a lovely picture of the Gull. So "wintery".
Happy New Year!