WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Barn Charm

Around our area you will find some very nice barns, but sadly there are all too many in this condition too. The older farms are disappearing and nobody wants to restore them. While driving past this barn a few years ago, I noticed a lone domestic goose wandering out in the fields near the barn. I stopped to take a picture, and he wattled right over to our van. I wondered if the owners moved out and left him behind, but as I approached he wouldn't let me get close.
Have a happy Tuesday and click on http://bluffareadaily.blogspot.com  

9 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

great shot. (:

Tanya Breese said...

lucky goose, getting that great barn to himself!

Jan n Jer said...

Old n charming...Yes it is sad to see it just sitting there abandoned!

Carol said...

Nice shot of this old barn. I see alot of these barns in bad shape in Ohio also. I like the shape of this one. It must have been pretty in its day.

TexWisGirl said...

looks to be pretty good-sized.

Rose said...

Where to begin...first, there are enough barns like this around here, too. I hate seeing trees and stuff grow up right against the barn.

Next, I love the goldfinch tree below!!

But more than that, I would love to wade and fish the creek in your header shot!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I do hope the goose is getting food somewhere, somehow... that's a shame! We'd love to have another pair at my parent's farm... the coyotes got the last pair, but we have donkeys, now, so coyotes stay far, far away! Hallelujah!!!

Beautiful barn! Thanks so much for joining =)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

This one looks like it has many good years left in it- (its not leaning anyway!)

Carletta said...

Sadly, many are like that here as well. I remarked once to someone it's cheaper to put up a metal pole barn that restore the old wooden ones.
If some boards were replaced this one looks like it could do service for a while longer.
Hope your week is off to a great start!