WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, June 18, 2012

Barn Charm

This is another run down barn not far from our home. So many in this condition, and it is so sad to see them this way.
To see more barns, do click on over to http://bluffareadaily.blogspot.com

17 comments:

The Farmers Daughter said...

I bet this barn was impressive in it's day. Sad that it's beginning to fade. . .

Bev said...

I love the old barn pictures! It would of been grand in it's day...still is lovely though!

Sonya @ Under the Desert Sky said...

That must've been an awesome barn in its day!

TexWisGirl said...

falling apart, but still rather charming. :)

Mari said...

Looks like it was a beauty in it's prime. We have lots like that around here too and it makes me sad as well.

Rose said...

Is that a separate building in front, or is a an addition? It is an addition I am almost positive...and I love it.

Kathy said...

In its day it was a magnificent place.

Pamela Gordon said...

It does look very sad but it must have been a busy farm at one time by looking at the size of it.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

so rustic ... different shape too. (:

Tanya Breese said...

it's really pretty though

Kim, USA said...

Kind of sad so many of run down barns around the country. Great find!

Kim,USA

Anonymous said...

Fine lookin ol barn

Thank you for joining =)

Mary said...

Looks like it was once a very large useful barn. I wonder what farmers would think of our interest in old barns that are falling down??

Carletta said...

It's definitely an interesting barn though Becky. I always like the old silos and the block addition on the side has me questioning what it was used for.
It's in sad repair but it's a good find!

Faye said...

I always want to know the story behind the condition of the barn--farm owner too old, ill, no one to take over? This one had its day though, didn't it?

Judy said...

I can just imagine what life was like when this barn was in it's prime.

Anonymous said...

Quite a large barn, I'm sure it has earned it's place. It is sad to see them left to deteriorate.