WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

Yesterday we took all of our plastic and glass to the recycling center, and on the way home driving through a wooded area I spied this Turkey vulture resting in this pine tree. He was interested in something on the ground, and stayed in the tree long enough for me to get a few pictures, but then an Amish buggy came along and he flew away.
You do have to admit, they have an ugly face, but are such graceful fliers.
Back at home I've had a flock of Blue-jays that has been eating me out of all the suet I put out. They will go through a block in several hours. I have one of the feeders less than 2 ft. from my computer window, and lets me get more close-ups.
That's it for the birds this week. We've had several days of cold, wet, windy weather, and I haven't seen any birds of interest.
Have a great rest of the week, and please click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see what awesome shots Springman has and all the other gorgeous birds blogs.

8 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

I think Vultures are so cool!! and I LOVE your blue Jays!

Arija said...

I do like the vulture and of course those greedy blue jays.

((Hugs)) . . . Arija

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great pictures. The Vulture don't win in the looks department,but watch them in flight and they are true winnowers. I love the Blue Jay shots.

Carletta said...

A terrific closeup of the vulture Becky! I like watching them soar and they are quite graceful.
Your bluejay closeups are lovely!!

mick said...

Great photos. The vulture is interesting but the Blue-jays are beautiful. I wish I had them outside my computer window!

Springman said...

Fantastic close ups, excellent catches all Becky!

Larry said...

Wonderful shots of the Turkey Vulture Becky. I think they are not only handsome birds but are oh so necessary! The Blue Jay photos are awesome. That beautiful green bokeh really sets off their colors.

Mary said...

These are great close-ups of both of these birds!