WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

I know everyone is probaply tired of seeing Canada geese, but I just can't resist taking pictues whenever I see some. We went to Lake Erie this week, and I happen on 3 groups of geese with their babies. This first batch were the youngest.
Then I see Mom and Dad with some a bit older some in the water and some on the rocks. The parents decided they would climb the rocks and head for a grassy area for a snack. Dad went first calling to all the kids to follow.
Followed by Mom and some of the goslings. This is a big family.
Mom stood back and waited, but some of the kids aren't sure they want to jump.
Finally one decided to take off, and the rest wanted to follow, but were visually scared.
OOPS, this one misjudged just how far it was between rocks, but I didn't have to go rescue it. Got out by himself! Whew. I think I actually see two different age groups here too..
Finally they all are together again. Somehow in the background there seems to be a couple more but I'm not sure they are with this group..
Ahh, good tasting grass. Now everyone was safe and all the kids made it across the rocks. I've seen so many goslings this year. What will happen to all of them ?? Riding around on the southern side of the lake these birds are everywhere.
Happy World Bird Wednesday. Do click on http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see what Springman has done with this interesting meme.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post Becky!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

mick said...

Great photos and very interesting to see young birds of all different stages.

Pat said...

Great photo series of the geese!

Mary said...

Love the teen geese! How funny it must have been to see them crossing the rocks...glad it got out OK!