WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

I still have plenty of Baltimore orioles coming daily for grape jelly. I'm waiting for the babies to show up too.
Now I have two young cardinals that show up every morning and evening. Even though they are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves, they still beg from the parents..
Looking around for someone who cares...
Then looking somewhat dejected when nobody comes to the rescue..
Searching once again....
Finally MOM shows up. " Over here MOM, I'm starving"
If you click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see Springman's site and lots more birds.

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

those young cardinals are too funny. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I find it funny to see thee adult size birds begging for food.

mick said...

A great series of bird photos. I especially like the ones with the young cardinal.

Elaine @ Commotion said...

Great shots!! I have a new young male at our feeder. I just love cardinals!!

Linda said...

I have not seen the juveniles! They are SO cute! Great shots!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Hi Becky, Great post! Don't you just love the little birdies and their lost expressions as they sit and cry for mama and papa? Pathetic little fluffies and I can't help hoping along with them that mom and dad will return soon. I enjoyed your captions. :) The Oriole is beautiful. The only thing I ever get with grape jelly on an orange half is ants or squirrels who adore oranges. That's okay though. I love my squirrels! I hope you get to see the baby Orioles soon. I've never seen a young Oriole before.
Big hugs from an old blogging friend. Lin

Unknown said...

Great close ups!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Arija said...

Becky, how I would like to see a Baltimore Oriole in the flesh!!! LOvely shot.

I do hope things improve. Been having a bit of a torrid time here too. I also have to take my 95 year old friends old dog as she is probably going to be in hospitals and nursing homes from now on. Animals do not react well to Peter, they certainly sense the instability. The cats run away and the dogs bark at him. They do say animals can sense madness in people.
Just do the best you can. I'm to double the Aricept from next week.

Faye said...

What characters those cardinals are. Just in the last couple of years were starting to see more--good since they are our state bird.

Pat said...

Those babies are fun to watch.
I'm envious of your Oriole visitors.

Anonymous said...

Love this!