WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bright and Sunny Thursday

Driving by one of the local Amish schools the other day, the children were just on their way out to play.
Soon lots more came out, but it must have been too cold, because they all went right back inside.
Also driving by the pond in a neighbring town I spotted a group of Ring-billed gulls resting on the ice. Not all the water is frozen, but will soon be, although we are promised warmer weather by the weekend.
The other side of the pond is a stream, and lots of Canada geese hang out here.
Then along the harbor at Barcelona, New York, on Lake Erie it was windy and was a bit rough this day. The gulls were finding something to eat on the shore, and I did see some fishing Cormorants too.
A sunny day today, and even though it is cold, we are enjoying it to the fullest.
Take care everyone, and prayers are sent to all on the East coast in this latest bout with Mother Nature.
Don't forget to check out the latest post on our chicken blog Woodynook View Egg Farm. Just click on the picture to the right.

3 comments:

A Colorful World said...

Lovely views of your world! It's going to be somewhat cooler here this weekend, but I'm still not wearing jackets or sweaters...in fact, I usually have on shorts! I hope it will be nice and crisp!

EG CameraGirl said...

Lucky you to have seen the sun!! It has been very grey here.

Mary said...

I really like that last photo!