WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Friday, November 30, 2012

Weekend Reflections

This is the Perry Monument on Presque Isle, Lake Erie, Pennsylvania.
You can read about it here.
 
The Perry monument, a 101-foot obelisk at Crystal Point on Presque Isle, was built in 1926 to honor Oliver Hazard Perry, Master Commandant, who was appointed both station and squadron commander of a new American Lake Erie fleet being built at Presque Isle/Erie in 1812/1813. This fleet’s assignment was to engage the British, who controlled the Great Lakes, and with luck gain control of the lakes.
Happy weekend, and click on over to http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com to see lots more reflections.

4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful picture.

HansHB said...

Great post for Weekend Reflections,- nice reflections!

Crafty Gardener said...

Wonderful reflection photo.

Mary said...

I was about to say that I've been there and then realize this is a different Perry monument than the one I've been to on on Put-in-Bay. That's a very nice shot with the reflection on the water and the trees and light.