WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Wild Bird Wednesday

Taking a ride to Lake Erie earlier this week I spotted some geese I had never seen before. Checking my Sibley's I see they are Pale-bellied Brant geese. A new lifer for me too.  They winter on the East coast, and don't normally get this far inland. I'm wondering if hurricane Sandy had something to do with it??
Click on http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com to see lots more birds.
 
 

11 comments:

Carletta said...

I don't think I've ever seen any of these.
It wouldn't suprise me about the storm though.
Nice captures Becky!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wow,they look amazing! I am sure glad you were able to get these pictures.

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

They sure look different with their dark colored heads.I`ll bet the wind did get them off course,great pictures,thanks for sharing!phyllis in Pa

Wally Jones said...

Brant are rarely seen migrants down here in Florida. Nice images!

Paula said...

How pretty! Love the bum shot! *hehe*

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Wow how beautiful they are. I have never seen them before~

Dave said...

Brents are my Fav of the geese, great post

A Colorful World said...

These are very handsome ducks!

Neil said...

Interesting looking Geese.

Stewart M said...

Great looking geese - we don't get many geese in this part of world. I used to like seeing them in the winter in the UK.

Thanks for the comment on my blog - I've been in Oman for a week hence slow reply!

Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

Mary said...

Wow...I've never seen those before! They are really interesting looking. Wish they would come on down this way :-)