I don't have too much to add this week. I did see this immature Cooper's hawk this afternoon, way up high in a tree in our back yard. As soon as the weather changes, they will arrive, and all my feeder birds will be lunch if they aren't on guard...
Also earlier this week I photographed this Double-crested Cormorant swimming and fishing in the Lake Erie harbor at Barcelona, New York. Thanks to Stewart, and to see more birds, click on over to http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com.
I saw a hawk last week when the doves were under my oak tree. They have so much coverage in the summer and I was thinking the same thing as you that they better be careful. Nice Cormorant shots!
These are great! We have lots of Cooper hawk here too. Every once in a while I will see one get one of our songbirds and it makes me sad... but then I remind myself they have to eat too....
Your weather looks gloomy, but the birds are still great to see! I got to see 100's of Cormorants in Arkansas....haven't posted them yet. Really exciting for me since I don't usually see any.
14 comments:
So cool! Do you know your birds that well or do you have to look them up?
I saw a hawk last week when the doves were under my oak tree. They have so much coverage in the summer and I was thinking the same thing as you that they better be careful.
Nice Cormorant shots!
A great series of photos. I especially like the cormorant swimming.
Great sighting of the Hawk and the Cormorant is a cool bird. Great captures!
Cool shots!
It boggles my mind that those darling cormorants can stay under water for so long. Great photos!!!
Hope you can find a bit of time today to stop by and visit to view my collection of feathered friends this week!!
Nice photos!
It's both good and bad with hawks, nice to take pictures of, but not so fun for the small birds.
Greetings Pia
These are great! We have lots of Cooper hawk here too. Every once in a while I will see one get one of our songbirds and it makes me sad... but then I remind myself they have to eat too....
Our resident Cooper's Hawk caught a White-winged Dove in the yard yesterday. Nice pictures!
Those Cormorant images are beautiful!
Nice captures!
Thats a nice looking cormorant - I always think they are one of the more reptilian looking birds.
Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW - Stewart M - Australia
Your weather looks gloomy, but the birds are still great to see! I got to see 100's of Cormorants in Arkansas....haven't posted them yet. Really exciting for me since I don't usually see any.
I love that first shot of the cormorant!!
Post a Comment