WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Wild Bird Wednesday

Driving home today from dropping off our newspapers for recycling, we stopped for a bite of lunch near the railroad tracks hoping to see trains, and I did see this first year Red-tailed hawk sitting up high in a tree nearby. I'm not used to seeing them sit still, and it took off as soon as I got these 2 shots. So what else is new?
Didn't see any trains either. Bummer!
Have a great rest of the week, and click over to http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com to see lots more birds. Thanks to Stewart for this cool meme.

8 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

That seems so typical of most Red-tails. I guess,therein lies the challenge of getting a good picture.

mick said...

At least you got a couple of photos! I saw a bird sitting on the electricity wires beside the road last week - it's one I really need a photo of! - I turned around quickly - and it flew off!!

Carletta said...

They never stay for me. I've decided it's cool just to be able to see one.
Just yesterday morning a hawk landed in the tree just outside my window. He was huge and so close - no pic. ;(

Stewart M said...

Finding a bird of prey at any time is always a treat. Nice pictures.

Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW - Stewart M - Melbourne

Neil said...

Better luck next time with the birds and the trains.

eileeninmd said...

Cool sighting of the Red-tailed. Have a happy day!

Wally Jones said...

Just seeing such a gorgeous raptor is a treat. Good work on getting the images at all!

Arija said...

Looks like you've been having some snow lately and judging buy your gorgeous header shot, you won't have to do any moving for a good while let.