Well, 3 days and counting till the chicks hatch. Mama has been so patient. I bet she is tired of sitting there all day. I'll post pictures of them as soon as we can see them. A really large field of Mustard, and I wish there was something good to do with Mustard..New beginnings, on the Blue Spruce trees.
This is Japanese Honeysuckle. An invasive plant that we have many of on our trails. These blossoms aren't fully open yet and will turn pink.
Mr. Hummer looks like he has a turtle neck sweater on...I bet they'll be cold tonight. Right now it's 28ยบ outside. Sunday 10:50PM..
This is Cow Parsnip, and when it's fully grown it will measure sometimes over 6 ft and have large white flowers..
A patch of Violets down by the water.
It's been a busy day. We got all the gardens rototilled, and ready for planting. Now we just have to wait for warmer weather. Have a great week all.
What a pretty hen...can't wait to see the babies! Love the hummer shot...it does look like a turtleneck... and the violets! You waited so patiently for spring and now you are seeing so much to show us! Lucky us!
It is nice and warm here, what a nice change from what it usually is!!! I love the wild violets and I see them popping up just about everywhere, every nook and cranny!
7 comments:
How lovely Becky. It is so good to see everything shooting out again.
What a pretty hen...can't wait to see the babies! Love the hummer shot...it does look like a turtleneck... and the violets! You waited so patiently for spring and now you are seeing so much to show us! Lucky us!
ating shots.I am drawn to the small patch of Violtes beside the stones.This looks so pretty.Thanks and stay warm.It's cold here too.
Blessings
It is nice and warm here, what a nice change from what it usually is!!!
I love the wild violets and I see them popping up just about everywhere, every nook and cranny!
What beautiful photographs of the areas around your home ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
Isn't it amazing where violets sometimes choose to grow? Twenty-eight degrees sure is cold for May. That poor little hummer!
I love your chickens!
And that field of mustard is REALLY something.
Post a Comment