WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This, That, and the Other

We stopped at a beautiful Amish greenhouse yesterday afternoon. This is the view you see as you drive down the entrance. There is a gorgeous log home, barns, and a big pond. In the winter they process deer meat. They have 6 greenhouses with everything you could ever want. I know it's early, but I bought 3 Patio tomatoes, a hanging Tom Thumb tomato for my greenhouse, and a hanging Lobelia. When the weather settles down we'll go back. I would have taken lots of pictures, but didn't think I should. Out back of the log home, is this cool bird feeder. I think we could fashion something similar from an old childs swing set. I'll be looking into this.


This is the other picture I got of the Fox. He stayed for a minute, and then some birds began chasing him. Boy can he run. I think he also lost what he had caught. White crowned Sparrow and a House Finch in our back yard.


Grey Catbird down on our Creek trail. They have a nest nearby, but I haven't found it yet.



I'm still watching that big nest up the road. Today there was a bird sitting near the nest. I can't get closer, but I still think it's a Red-tailed Hawk.


The Rose breasted Grosbeak has been here every day. Can you see me now?



No sign of the Mrs. yet.
Mrs. Baltimore Oriole will stop by the hummer feeder for a taste.


Up hill and down dale.


and yet another victim of the heavy winter snows.


I'll post some of my recent wildflower shots tomorrow.

8 comments:

BNS said...

That really is a cool bird feeder. I've never seen any quite like that - but now that I have seen your photo I will remember the design.

I am so impressed with the number of different bird species you see around your place.

Bobbie

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Hello Becky. A nice varied post again today. I just say thank goodness I do not have to walk up that hill every day. :)

Michele said...

That was a neat shot of the fox running... I just love your birds, so pretty to see here.
That hill looks like fun with a pair of rollerskates... hehehe... wheeee!!!

Hugs to you♥

Mary said...

You always have such a great variety of photos of your surrounding area. I bet that part of the country is just beautiful right now. I'm going to head that way, some day. That feeder idea is great. Nice bird variety right now. I've still got at least 4 male grosbeaks and a couple females. Look forward to the wildflowers!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Wow,that greenhouse you described sounds delightful.I could probably spend hours in there.I always feel like I have been alongside of you in your travels.The pictures tell such a vivid story.Thanks.
Blessings,Ruth

Jan said...

Becky, I love your photos and post, as always. I always look, in my reader, but don't stop by to comment, as often as I should. I'm terrible, I know; but I want you to know how much I enjoy your blog.

EG CameraGirl said...

The Amish farm is so pretty! It amazes me how clean everything looks.

I've never tried tomatoes in a hanging basket. Maybe this year.

Love all the bird shots you've been taking.

jan m said...

I'm anxious to get my garden started too Becky. I can't wait to get tomatoes in the ground. That's a neat arrangement for the bird feeders. We used the frame of our old metal swingset to hang some feeders from for a few years.
Still feeling jealous about the grosbeak and oriole. None here yet.