WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Another Rainy Day!

We've had 2 of the most miserable days! Rain, drizzle, mist, fog, and more rain!
We happened to see these Amish farmers with a wagon load of corn they were loading into the silo. The tractor you see has a flat belt attached to the power take off, and runs the machine that fills the silo.
During these sloppy days, it's always so nice to see an Orchid blooming in my greenhouse. No fragrance though.
We took a ride this afternoon to Lake Erie. The North winds were very high, and I saw 4 Cormorants swimming in the harbor. This one flew up and landed on a dock, but this was the only shot I got before he flew away, and because of the rain, I had to shoot through the window.
Here is a shot of the high waves.
Water splashing up on the rocks.
The wind was so strong and the Gulls were having difficulty standing in place.
Another day of this wetness Sunday, and then back to summer again.
At 10:20 PM, the temp is 42Âș, and we have our first wood fire of the season!
AND the Yankees are winning!

6 comments:

Arija said...

Great to see modern and ancient technologies working together. Great Phalaeanopsis, beautiful colour. Sorry for the blustery weather , at least it was great for watching the game.

How are things otherwise??

TexWisGirl said...

the water on the rocks looks really pretty, even in it's grayscale coloration. and love the gulls all facing into the wind. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your pictures convey the rain so well. I almost can feel the cool dampness.

theconstantwalker said...

Wonderful images of the waves...
I love how the gulls are all ducking into the wind.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Beautiful pictures and yeah for the Yankees!

I love your pretty reflection picture too.

Have a wonderful week,

Kathy M.

Margaret Cloud said...

I like your pictures, especially the rough Lake. It is amazing how our Great Lakes can get so rough and act like the big oceans.