WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cold, Wet, Raining again!

In the above picture I was able to photograph two Common Mergansers in this local pond.
Traveling to Warren, Pa ( my home town), yesterday I got a picture ( below)looking out at the Allegheny River right where I grew up spending the summers in my parent's cottage. I used to travel up and down this river daily in my canoe. What memories, but that's another post.
Below is some of the pretty foliage in this area. A nice park where we ate a picnic lunch.
Back at home these two shots show some of the 100's of sea gulls that have come ashore in the sky above our home and landing in the fields across the road. Sometime this happens when there is about to be a change in the weather.
The weather folks are speaking about that white stuff in the next couple of days. :~(

7 comments:

Read and Buy said...

beautiful..

Bird Box Camera said...

This site makes me want to go for a long walk in the rain, some great images!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful shots, the lighting at the river shining on the fall trees is beautiful. What a neat sighting of all the gulls. Great photos, have a wonderful day.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The river/fall picture is amazing. I love how the sunlight hits the golden leaves.

Jan n Jer said...

Beautiful shots....yep the white stuff may be here also on Sat. hope they are wrong!!!

TexWisGirl said...

oh my gosh, that 2nd photo is glorious! the color, the light! wow!

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful autumnal images. ..... I'm not ready for the s word yet!