WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Gloomy Thursday

My goodness, what a gloomy and dreary day. Heavy clouds, rain, and even some light fog. A good day to stay indoors and clean out some cupboards in the computer desk. I found coupons in there from 2005! Not good, but I did make lots of progress, and even made more room. Yea! Not any birds to speak of either..Wonder where they went?
The above picture is French Creek that runs behind our house, and was taken up stream about 2 miles.
This picture of a young doe was taken last winter near a corn crib where you can almost always see a large herd of deer plus wild turkeys feeding from all the corn the farmer puts in this crib. However this year is so different. We've been by this area many times and haven't seen any animals at all.I could understand that during hunting season they stay away, but now that it is over, they never came back. I have noticed the loss of any wildlife this winter. No turkeys, no deer, and not very many hawks either.Certainly strange.
I hope you all are having a wonderful day.

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

we haven't had much bird activity here - blamed the lack of waterfowl visits on the drought. maybe it's more global than that!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

I dislike years like this too.No deer coming to my neck of the woods since a large snowstorm last year...or was it the year before? Too long,anyhow.
My son has seen owls & up close red tails,so I must find his secret place...phyllis