WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Macro Monday

It was a beautiful day Sunday and we took a ride to see if there were any trains running. We were lucky to see this Norfolk Southern freight train about 30 minutes after we found our parking spot.
This particular train was traveling East and pulling some tank cars, grain hoppers, and empty gondola cars. Traveling at 55 miles per hour, it was heading towards Buffalo, New York.
A close up shows the Thoroughbred logo that the Norfolk Southern railroad is famous for, and if you look closer you can see the engineer on the left behind the window, and the conductor on the right. The engineer "drives" the train, and the conductor is the "boss".
Do click on over to http://lisaschaos.com to see lots more close-ups.

16 comments:

Kateri said...

That is a beautiful train...love th logo on the front.

Kim, USA said...

Awesome shots!!

Macro Monday

Molly said...

I had train pictures on my blog this weekend but from the inside not the outside. These ones are really good.

Mollyxxx

Jeanne said...

Love this shot! Am partial to trains and grew up with my father, and grandfather both working for many years for the railroad! Have a great day.

Arija said...

I am so glad you were able to go out and see that great train go by.Lovely shots with the lights blazing.

I took Peter to lunch and to my orchid club meeting with a scrumptious afternoon tea on Sunday although it was a stinking hot day. Luckily the air-con. on my car still worked reasonably well.

Jan n Jer said...

Great shots...love the logo!

Herding Cats said...

Fantastic pictures!

Ellie said...

I really like these shots - and I love the horse logo on the front.

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the light in these shots. Perfect!

gengen said...

Nicely taken. Visiting from MM!

Ida said...

Great shot of the train and the logo (which is cool). My dad had a Model Train set and my Grandpa was an Engineer so these shots brought back some good memories.

Kala said...

Fantastic train shots. And I love the Thoroughbred logo!

Happy MM

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Great shots... hoping you were using a telephoto lens! I like the conductor and engineer call-out.

Lea's Menagerie said...

I never thought to go train watching! I should pay more attention to the trains around here.
Great capture of the logo!
Happy Macro Monday!
Lea

Cicero Sings said...

I like the logo on that train too! Looks great.

Mary said...

Great shots! I've never noticed the logo....maybe we don't see their trains. Around here it is basically L&N.