WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday

We  went for a ride this afternoon, and passed by this yard loaded with these beautiful flowers. I have no idea what they are, but what a sight.

As I mentioned so many times, I just have to take pictures of Canada geese when ever I see them.
With granddaughter Becca along, we went watching trains, and were not dissappointed.
We also checked on this Bald eagle nest, and found an adult sitting hopefully on eggs. Last year a fierce storm showed up one night and blew the baby chicks right out of the nest. I hope they have better luck this year, but I am worried about this early spring.
We found the most beautiful wild Violet flowers today. I've never seen any this dark color.
Happy Monday everyone.

5 comments:

Arija said...

So glad you had an outing with so many lovely things to see. Aren't wood violets just the best? So little, lo fragrant and so beautiful.
I think the blue flowers you photographed that splendid showing of, are Bluebells, sometimes also called English Bluebells.They make a splendid massed effect when allowed to go wild. In England they have whole woods carpeted in blue in spring.

TexWisGirl said...

oh, the violets make me miss my Wisconsin homeland... SO pretty! nice to see your eagle!

Cicero Sings said...

The purple under that tree looks a right treat. Snow under all my trees yet.

That must have been quite a wind to blow the babies out of the nest!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh wow! all these picture speak "spring",but can it really be.

Mary said...

wow...that yard of flowers is gorgeous! Maybe either vinca or violets? I have both in my yard. Great eagle shot!