WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday

Down the road from our house near a neighboring farm is a pair of Killdeer. They are forever running alongside the road, and I'm sure they have a nest someplace close, but I have yet to find it.
One of my blooming African Violets.
Of course the Dandelions are popping up.
A shot of the "Llama" trail. It's going to need some light yard work. Lots of downed branches from the high winds we've had all winter. We save them for starting fires in the wood stove. Speaking about the wood stove, we had to fire it up last night. All day yesterday a cold North wind blew, and the outside temp never got above 33º, and last night it dropped to 15º. I'm sure I've lost all the lilacs, but the apple trees might be OK. The buds are just beginning to show.
Not too many pictures of the House sparrow, but I think if you look closely this little gal does have some interesting feather colors. Not many birds right now on the feeders. The ever present Grackles, Blue jays, and lots of Goldfinches.
Have a great day.

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

brrr. cold front! :) i love the sweet sparrows. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely pictures, The African Violet is beautiful,and I would love to wander down that green trail.

Mary said...

Love the Killdeer! You might step on the nest before you locate it :-) They choose such terrible places for their nests. Sorry it is getting cold again. A bit cool here, but just normal for this time of year.

Cicero Sings said...

Oh dear, too bad about the lilacs. Such a nice show of spring color and scent.