The creek has been rising slowly all day, and we haven't had that much rain. I'm sure it's from all the snow melt up stream. There is more rain coming tonight, so no doubt it will be higher by morning. I was out walking this evening and saw a pair of Wood ducks, and of course I didn't have my camera with me!
WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Monday, March 31, 2008
HIGH WATER
The creek has been rising slowly all day, and we haven't had that much rain. I'm sure it's from all the snow melt up stream. There is more rain coming tonight, so no doubt it will be higher by morning. I was out walking this evening and saw a pair of Wood ducks, and of course I didn't have my camera with me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Becky! I'm wondering if this is typical, a sometimes-occurrence, or unusual.
Kristine;
This goes on all the time. There are many little streams that run into French Creek, and this water will rise wherever any of them get more water than they can handle. We have lived here since 1979, and only once did it get near the house, and that summer ( after Hurricane Frederick ) we had 6" of water in the basement. Hence another reason for the generator. We do keep a close eye on it all the time. It's also a GREAT place for a nature trail and lots of photo ops. I'll be putting up my game camera soon.
Post a Comment