Weathering the storm
Good Morning; It's just after 6am, and I got up to put more wood in the stove. It's only 6º out, the sky is crystal clear, and the house was cool. I have a nice fire going now and heated up some water in the tea kettle for a nice cup of hot chocolate. I even found a big fat marshmallow to float on top. Gary is still sleeping, but I'm sure he will be up as soon as he smells his coffee. He will have a big job this morning when he has to clean out the driveway. We got a bunch more snow over night although I haven't measured it yet. He will snoblow a path to the bird feeders so I can get out there to give all my feathered friends their breakfast. There was so many starlings, Red Winged Blackbirds, and Cowbirds out there yesterday they ate up everything in just a few hours. This happens every spring during their migration. There are hundreds of them and they are so noisy. In a week or so they will move on, and then my pretty birds will have the feeders all to themselves again.
2 comments:
Well I was also up at 6am and saw the snow. It measured about 36" at my back door but that was in the drift. I snowblowed the driveway out and the neighbors as well. I know they like that and not have to go outside. Stay warm!
We keep seeing the cardinals flying right in front of us when we drive, but we haven't had any sticking around the house. This is SO unusual, most birds love us!
Post a Comment