WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Mama Cardinal


Isn't she pretty ? This is Mama Cardinal. I have 4 pair and last week I found a dead male laying out next to the house. Either the cat ( oh no it couldn't have been Azreal ) or the Cooper's Hawk is to blame !. We are surrounded by so many Starlings you wouldn't believe it ! I put out bread on the ground for them and it helps to keep them from the feeders, but still they will eat everything in sight, and they especially love peanut butter.
Some sun today but very windy. Lots of drifting on the roads. Temp 25º.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very sad about cardinal. I love seeing them. We are back at the Caverns and I had a male hopping around behind the trailer yesterday. We are not allowed to feed them because of the possibility of attracting pack rats.Temps in the high 70s here.:~)