WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, August 20, 2009

More Just Stuff

This first 3 pictures are for Joan. I'm not exactly a "bug" lady, but I wanted to show our granddaughters what a Katydid looked like, and to tell them they don't bite.
This guy was most cooperative, and here he is manicuring one of his toes.

Next a closeup of the face. Looks like something from a SiFi movie...

We've had lots of rain lately and there are water drops on the "berries" which are on the fronds of my Asparagus ferns. They will soon be turning red.


This is Oscar. He is a gorgeous cat, and belongs to our neighbors. He is also spying on my birds in this shot. He is more than welcome to come over here anytime to keep any mice in check, although Azrael doesn't think the same as I do. LOL. Most of the birds get away. Oscar has light blue eyes, not really seen in this picture.
On Monday I posted a Wood frog. Here not 5 feet away from that frog was this Wood Toad, only about 1" across.


On my daily walks with dog I see lots of these miniature Queen Anne's Lace. They are less than 2", and only about 6"-8" high.
OK, enough for today. I trust you are all having a great one. I'll be canning tomatoes, freezing beans, and making something from zucchini. Most likely relish, but the possibilities are endless.

6 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

That is WONDERFUL Becky!! On your hand too! I am pleased to see someone up to my tricks and what a great way to teach the grandchildren. If we all just took the time to do so, soon we will have a whole generation who is not scared of bugs. :) Thanks so much for posting them for me.

Love the raindrops and other picturs too. Great "just stuff". :(

Guy D said...

Simply awesome photos, I am in awe.

Have a great day
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Cicero Sings said...

Lovely pictures Becky,

It seems Bloglines hasn't been keeping me abreast with your updates and now I'm way behind in your posts! I'll keep perusing downward.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

What a pleasnt surprize with the bright red flower on the header,love it.The Katydid is a unique looking insect,nice shots.
Blessings,Ruth

maryt/theteach said...

Incredible shots, Becky! I want you to know I posted your postcard on my "Postcard Friendly Friday" post on Mary Tomaselli's Photos :)

Mary said...

That Kadydid seems bigger than I realized they were. Oscar is beautiful! Your photos are all so inviting looking. This is a good time of year.