WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Just Stuff

Participating in the Great Backyard Bird Count this year, this weird looking Brown headed Cowbird along with a normal colored one showed up at the feeders this afternoon. Another indication of a bird with pigment issues, similar to the Slate colored Junco that was mostly white I had at the feeders a month ago. Sorry the picture isn't so clear. The bird was aways off and with a pure white background it didn't show up very well. These shots aren't in order, but we took a ride to the Peninsula in Erie, Pa. and these snow covered bushes look like cotton plants.
The Erie skyline as seen from the Peninsula across the Bay.

This is the road leading out to the Peninsula. Lake Erie, the shallowest of the Great Lakes, is now completely frozen in the first time in many years.


Lots of Horses Tails line the road.

Back home a shot of the local ski resort from high up on a hill during a foggy afternoon.
I got a better shot of the Cooper's hawk out through the open bathroom window. This most likely is a juvenile.
This is what the front of our property looks like from the road.

Mrs. Cardinal having some lunch.
We're still getting snow every day, but very light, and cloudy skies. Our total for this season to date is 175". Anybody want some? We probably should send some to Vancouver.
Have a great Sunday all.

6 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh my!! It is so pretty in one way but I am sure you are freezing. What a lovely variety of pics Becky but I love the one of the Coopers Hawk most of all. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

WOW,that is TOO much snow for anyone.I always enjoy my visit to your blog,the variety of scenes are fabulous.I especially liked the road through the trees,beautiful.Happy Valentine's Day.
Blessings,Ruth

jan m said...

Great pictures again Becky! I'm doing the Great Backyard Bird Count this weekend too, but not much traffic in my back yard. With those great trees out front at your place, I can see why the birds stick around.

Kerri Farley said...

Lovely snowy shots! And that hawk is amazing!!

me ann my camera said...

Vancouver could probably use some snow. I lived there many years ago. The first thing I did on arrival was to cross the street from the railroad station and buy an umbrella. It was a wet year! Go Canada! Go USA! Luck to all the participants.

Margaret Cloud said...

You have really more than your share of snow. I enjoyed all your pictures, the one of the Hawk is really nice. Hope you had a nice Valentines day. Wishing you a nice week and yes you should ship some snow to Vancouver, ha, ha.