While this winter seemingly drags on and on ( it really is only February) , I do think we're ready to be done with it. Anyway I have another small Orchid in bloom. This one has over 20 blooms on one stem, and it has a very faint sweet scent only noticable during the daylight hours. It measures only 1 1/2" across.
Out and about last Thursday I spotted this Hawk sitting atop this telegraph pole. He was quite a ways away, but did sit there for a minute. Even then I couldn't get a very clear picture.

When he took off, I saw that red tail and decided a Red Tailed Hawk.

The Starlings have been eating everything in sight lately. At first there was only a couple, but now the trees are peppered with them.

This Turkey was on the run.
Finally it took off flying. They are amazingly fast for such a big bird, and I do think they look like
Dinosaurs when they run.

I almost forgot. Here are the deer shots, and I didn't know what they all were looking at.

What ever it was they didn't like it and took off just like the turkey.

It's been really cold here today. It never got above 19ยบ, and we have a very cold North wind. No snow from the
Nor'easter though, and that is a good thing.
Have a wonderful Sunday all, and have a fun day too.
6 comments:
Awesome photos, love the orchids and the birds and deer.
That Orchid looks much larger,it's beautiful.Love the comical run of the Turkey,and the great shot of the hawk in flight.We are having another snow storm,although not as bad as the last one.
Blessings,Ruth
I always enjoy your pictures, I have never seen a turkey fly, I have seen them come out of the trees by my sisters. Thank you two for coming by, have a nice Sunday.
Neat picture in your header today. Love that picture of the turkey running and yes it does look like a mini dinosaur. One does wonder what made those deer take off.
Gray here today with temperatures hovering around freezing.
GREAT photos, Becky. I know it's a lot colder where you are, and I'm hiding out in my house until spring. Or maybe summer. :)
Love your header too, beautiful!
Love the turkey flying, the many deer looking in one direction and then the photo of "off and running". Great hawk shot. Like your header ,too for Valentine's day.
Post a Comment