WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, September 8, 2011

More Signs of Fall

More signs that Fall is only days away. The deer eating in the corn fields.
Lots and lots of Canada geese fly over throughout the day. Most of the geese around here will stick close by during the winter as long as the creek doesn't freeze.
Of course millions of Goldenrod plants everywhere!
The berries on the Holly are ripe, just waiting for those darling little Cedar-waxwings..
Lately in the mornings along with the fact that it is continually staying dark later, it quite often is foggy too.
Then there is the ever calling Crickets. I hate when one gets in the house!
So far this week we have had very little sun. It was cloudy all day today, and tonight it is drizzling and foggy! very miserable, BUT better than 2 feet of snow! Good grief, did I say that?

5 comments:

Arija said...

Ya gotta be grateful for small mercies and a lot better than all those folks affected by the floods in Vermont and elsewhere.
Yep, the seasons are affecting a change. Though our spring has sprung, we still have the heating going in the living room whenever we are there. I am glad it is not hot yet, there will be too much of it later on anyway.

I like all the little things you notice.

TexWisGirl said...

the foggy morning photo is fabulous. love it!

Jan n Jer said...

WE are seeing lots of early signs of Fall! Its been raining since Monday nite in this area...but no flooding here in Hanover..no rivers or streams close by! Lucky for Us!!! I miss old mr sunshine! I think he will make a visit this weekend!!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I would be happy to exchange some of that cloud for some of our heat.Yes,fall is just around the corner and the forecaster is calling for much lower temperatures next week.

Mary said...

I don't know if I'm ready for fall. Sure is creeping up fast!