WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, September 25, 2011

More Signs That Fall is Here

Don't forget to click to enlarge each picture.
This Amish couple loads some groceries in the parking lot at Wal-Mart.
Later we saw this Amish man driving his buggy towing a log splitter. It's that time again to be putting up firewood.
I picked out this beautiful Mum at the Amish greenhouse I posted a week ago. It will be in full bloom in a few days. They have so many gorgeous flowers for sale. You can't buy just one! LOL
We passed this field of Sunflowers, and did you know the flower heads will follow the sun. This was on a cloudy day and they were all hanging their heads. Of course they are nearly ready for harvest too.
The leaves are beginning to change color, and they don't look crisp and green any more..
Some wild Asters line the road by our house. There are hundreds of these this fall.
Here is the purple variety. Lots of these too.

6 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

Yep...the change of seasons is upon us. I have a feeling it's going to be an early Fall n winter will have an early start too!! Better get that fire wood in! brrrrrrr

TexWisGirl said...

i love those purple asters! we get the white variety here. beautiful shots.

Ruth Hiebert said...

A wonderful collection of images. The horse and buggy at Walmart made me laugh.What a contradiction!

Arija said...

Love the wild asters Becky. I am glad they are flowering now because when I was little the asters were always flowering for my birthday. Thank you so much for the lovely card and wishes. I had a really wonderful day.

theconstantwalker said...

Wonderful images... many thanks for sharing what you see.

Mary said...

Wish I could pick a few of those sunflower heads! The price of sunflower seeds is outrageous. Don't know how I will feed my birds this winter :-(