WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, September 5, 2011

Ruby Tuesday


It's that time again. Canning season, and these tomatoes were grown in our families gardens. Somehow they always taste so much better than the ones you buy from the store.
It's Ruby Tuesday, and if you will click on over to http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com to see lots more RED.

8 comments:

carol l mck said...

Great Macro shot ~ Lush color! ~thanks, namaste, Carol from (A Creative Harbor) linked with Ruby Tuesday ~ ^_^

Chubskulit Rose said...

Canning is fun. Nothing can beat the home grown tomatoes being canned.

<a href="http://www.meetourclan.com/2011/09/horse-ride.htmlMy Ruby Tuesday Post</a>, hope you can drop by.

Maria @ LSS said...

Yum! Happy RT!

Mine's here.

anemonen said...

Nothing is tastier than it is cultivated and produced himself.

Arija said...

Goodness, bottling season is always a busy time when you have a garden full of goodies. The only thing I still do is make raspberry jelly and strawberry jam. Maybe apricot jam as well.

You are aTrojan to bottle tomatoes.

Dianne said...

the color is delicious!

RNSANE said...

I've never done any canning myself but I've been the blessed recipient of many fine jars of fruits and vegetables in years past. Too bad none of my San Francisco friends indulge in this almost lost art in this area!


My Ruby Tuesday is at:

http://rnsane.blogspot.com/2011/09/ruby-tuesday-balinese-beauty-september.html -

this time complete with poetry!!

Cicero Sings said...

Home canned tomatoes do taste so much better! I'm hoping to get some to can soon! Helped another gal do 80# the other day! She entertains a LOT - mostly young people with big appetites.