WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday musings

Taking a ride yesterday with our granddaughters and a neighbor friend to Chautauqua Lake so they could play on the playground, the lake was nearly invisible through the fog.
Here they are sitting beside the water eating their lunch.
I aquired this handsome Silkie rooster Lucky, this week from a gal that had the rest of her Silkie flock killed by the raccoons. He was alone and since I didn't have a rooster right now, I adopted him. He'll be a great addition to my flock.
Back at Chautauqua Lake earlier this week, the water was so green near the shore, and there were lots of Ringed seagulls flying about.
In this picture you can see how thick the slime is near the shore by the shadow of these tree leaves on the water surface.
You can even see the shadow of the gull's wings too.
I hope everyone is having a safe and wonderful holiday.

3 comments:

Caroline L said...

What a handsome rooster Lucky is!

Arija said...

This is a wonderful post with so much to see. Great photos but that silky rooster really captures my heart. We used to have some silkies too.

Now we only have one goose and a little top-knot hen left. The fox got the rest.

I hope things are easier now.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful.I especially like the last shot.That gull shadow is spectacular.