WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

World Bird Wednesday

Over the weekend one morning as I went to the barn to let out my chickens, I noticed way up high in one of the Aspen trees, next to the barn a 2nd year Bald Eagle spying on the chickens. Such a regal bird, and I'm glad to know there was a nest somewhere nearby in the past.
I waited till the eagle left before I let my chickens out, and so far he hasn't returned, at least not that I've seen, but now a new threat. I saw 2 Red Tailed hawks circling above yesterday. All the "girls" raced inside, very nervous.
Click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see more birds.

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh boy! i don't think i'd like to see them hanging around if i had chickens!

Mary said...

Wow...it's really pretty! I didn't realize the breast turned white before going dark again. Hope it doesn't get your chickens, but it would be wonderful to have one around.

mick said...

Nice photo of the eagle but I hope your chickens stay safe.

eileeninmd said...

Great captures of the eagle. I hope you chickens stay safe. My neighbor had a problem with an owl trying to take her chickens. Great photo, have a wonderful day.

joo said...

Super photos!

theconstantwalker said...

A real beauty to see... a lovely capture.

Springman said...

Dang that Granderson! Catches and hits like DiMaggio, speaks like a college professor, why did we want him on our team? We'll see how it goes down Thursday night for the right to play the Rangers!
Great job on the eagle capture, your chickens are right to give the young lord of the sky a little respect!
Cheers!

Dave said...

the dilema. Yes its a tricky one for you birders and farmers! still an incredible bird to get close by, even better if they breed locally.... of course not for your chickens :)

Pat said...

Watch out, chickens! Great capture!

Larry said...

Beautiful Bald Eagle Becky! I really like the plumage of the immature baldies. It was probably a good idea to keep the chickens in until it left. I wouldn't worry too much about the Red-tailed Hawk though, unless you have small chickens like Banties.

jeanlivingsimple said...

Super eagle photos! I worry about my lone hen being caught by a Cooper's Hawk.

Arija said...

Danger in the skies . . . always a good time for a chicken run with netting on top.

Love the eagle.