WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

World Bird Wednesday

Not having very much luck seeing any different birds this week, this little Goldfinch is molting and preparing to get his winter garb has been visiting my feeders daily..
All the beautiful summer birds have all gone to the warmer climates, and it seems that all that is left are House Finches, Sparrows, and the Blue Jays have arrived.
Click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more bird shots.

13 comments:

genie said...

The ones I miss the most are our hummingbirds. They are like part of the family. I have got to reload my feeders so the other little babies will start visiting again when they get hungry. I just love your bird shots. They are so beautiful. I wish I had your talent for getting that perfect capture. Toooooo bad about our dearly beloved Yankees. I am in a state of depression. There is always next year. Need to check to see when spring training begins. Have a happy rest of the week. genie

TexWisGirl said...

that means they'll be coming to me soon! :)

Reena said...

My feathered friends have also left with only the sparrows and finches remaining. But I enjoy them as well. Like seeing the molting.

mick said...

Great photos. The little Goldfinch looks so different with the patchy colors of his molting feathers.

Hilke Breder said...

The goldfinch is doing his post-breeding molt. Love your header photo - wonderful for the season.

joo said...

I like them so much:)

Unknown said...

They seem to work so hard at preparing for winter!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

theconstantwalker said...

A lovely little bird to see.. many thanks for sharing.

eileeninmd said...

AWWW, the Goldies are still pretty birds. They are wonderful feeder birds. Great photos.

Springman said...

Tough week? Wasn't that fifth game agony? I listened to sports talk the next morning and man did A-Rod take a beating! Only one team is going to get out of this series happy and now with our beat up team even if the Tigers do make it past Texas those National League teams do look strong. Well, it's game four, 6th inning, we're winning by two and I'm nervous as all get out. Make that winning by one run. Argh! Count your blessings!

jeanlivingsimple said...

Dang...I haven't seen a Goldfinch in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the fix!
Sweet post...btw.:)

Arija said...

I guess we have to be grateful for what we get, even if sometimes it is only sparrows and not peacocks.

Pat said...

I miss the Hummingbirds too. The nectar's still there for stragglers.
I'm glad the Goldfinches stay all year.