WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

World Bird Wednesday

I was sort of lucky when on our way to Wally World we passed this corn field and right beside the road strutted this gorgeous male Ring-necked Pheasant. I'm sure he wasn't wild because he wasn't a bit afraid. Can you believe the awesome color.
Click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more birds, and what a marvelous job Springman has done with this meme.

12 comments:

mick said...

Great photos of the pheasant. It really is a beautiful bird.

TexWisGirl said...

he's gorgeous! :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

They sure a re a colorful bird.

Kerri Farley said...

What a beauty!

Springman said...

He's as wild as I am! Funny, we have a huge population of pheasants in inner city Detroit. They thrive in the overgrown vacant lots by the hundreds. City chicken.
I know your not watching but Texas is up 3-2 with the series going back to St. Louis. It looks like there's going to be some great free agents for the Yanks to snatch up! The hot stove leagues gonna heat up real soon!

Mary said...

Luck, indeed! How pretty! I've never seen one.

Pat Ulrich said...

Such a cool bird to find strolling along the road in the open!

Jan n Jer said...

He is a beauty!!!

Pat said...

Gorgeous bird!

theconstantwalker said...

Lovely birds to see...

EG CameraGirl said...

I have never gotten this close to a pheasant! WOW, Becky!

eileeninmd said...

Great sighting of the pheasant, the males are very pretty. Great shots.