WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, January 30, 2012

Macro Monday

Since we burn wood during the winter months, I often see some interesting Lichens on the logs we have.  I saved this one out for pictures, and now it will go in the stove to help us keep warm. It reminds me a bit of undersea Coral.
Happy Monday everyone. Click on over to http://lisaschaos.com to see lots more close-ups.

7 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

It really does look like a coral.

TexWisGirl said...

a world all to itself.

genie said...

YOU have a FABULOUS collection. They are awesome. We burned wood for 25 years but switched to propane because of my asthma. It has its drawbacks, too, but the dusty yuck in not in the air. I agree with Ruth that they look like coral. genie

Jan n Jer said...

Very interesting....glad you can burn it!

Kala said...

Wonderful details and tones.

Happy MM

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I thought these were coral too from the thumbnail. Cool shots!

Mary said...

It does look like undersea coral! Cool! Do you worry about it sending out spores or allergies or anything? Certainly interesting looking.