WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Friday, January 27, 2012

Skywatch Friday

This weather has been so different this winter and after it rained most of the day, suddenly around 4:30 the sun as it was beginning to set in the West appeared, and I saw this rainbow in the Eastern sky. I hurried out to snap a couple pictures, and just as quickly as it appeared, it was gone. My camera lens got wet, but I wanted to get pictures, because rainbows in the winter are somewhat rare.
Have a great day, and click on http://skyley.blogspot.com  to see lots more sky shots.

10 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Becky a pot of gold image for sure!
Great capture! I can feel your excitement!
We've arrived in our winter oasis in Arizona! waving and sending hugs

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is pretty special.

ExploreColorado said...

How fun. A rain bow in the winter. I'm sure it added cheer to your day.

Unknown said...

Great rainbow capture in the first one!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful scenes.

Regards and best wishes

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

So little colour. It almost reminds me of a fog bow I saw once. Just like a rainbow but no colour to it save for a more intense white. - Margy

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful, wonderful photo captyre and I love the canada geese in your header. great sprouts picture last week. It prompted me to glance at my frozen flower bed... no luck.
Ann at Nature Tales

forgetmenot said...

It's always exciting to photograph a rainbow summer, winter spring, or fall. Nice capture. Mickie :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Beautiful rainbow shots! It's impossible to know what thw weather will surprise us with this year. Lucky you to see a rainbow!

Mary said...

Rainbows are always a happy thing to see.