WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

Not much going on in the bird world here this week so far. With the hawks hanging around most of the day, the birds have been pretty skittish. Anyway this Titmouse was photographed last year. They are one of my favorites, and I always keep lots of peanuts in store for them.
A close-up shows the cool pattern of the feathers.
Last summer we had a pair of Yellow-shafted flickers hang around the yard. We have lots of ants, and they were really gorging themselves.
Be sure to click on http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more bird shots.

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love those large-eyed titmouses, and beautiful flickers too. :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, both the flicker and the Titmouse are wonderful birds. Great photos.

Janis said...

Nice shots...love those flickers!

Larry said...

Nice shots Becky! Titmouses are one of my favorites too since they nest in my birdhouses and flickers are always a blast to watch. Nice photo of them anting!

mick said...

Beautiful birds and great photos. I'm sure the hawks would make all the smaller birds frightened.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Still waiting for the winter migration to make its way down here ... not a peep to be heard thusfar. I'm guessing it hasn't gotten cold enough ... :(

Brian King said...

Wonderful shots of the Titmouse! I like the detail.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh Becky...sweet, sweet photos of all the different birds.

Sad...yes, Posada retiring. It was inevitable I guess, but still hard to take.

STAR OF INDIA

holdingmoments said...

I love those Flickers Becky.

theconstantwalker said...

Beautiful birds to share... many thanks.

Springman said...

Nice takes Becky! Great detail on the titmouse.
So sorry you were Tebowed. I did not see that coming. I know you are distressed! At least with the Lions we have no expectations of greatness.
Cheers!

Arija said...

Love those flickers Becky and your header is a scream!

Mary said...

Love the titmice and flickers both! I so seldom see a flicker that I get really excited when one does show up. Mike thought he saw one a couple days ago, but I kept looking and never found if. The titmice are so cute and so fast, I keep getting blurs instead of good photos.