WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

I had a pair of Red-bellied woodpeckers all last winter, and 2 days ago the female showed up at my feeders. I haven't seen the male yet, but I'm still waiting with camera in hand. They are spectacular birds, and I'd really like to see where they are nesting.

Another cold and gloomy day here, but no snow in the near forecast. This has been such a crazy winter, not that I'm complaining. In case you wanted to know, last year on the 25th of January we had received 167.5" of snow, and as of today we have received 66.5".  For the most part the roads have remained bare, and we're saving money on buying diesel fuel for the tractor that snow blows our driveway.
Do click on http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more bird photos, and visit with Springman.

8 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh my!! It sure looks cold and miserable there by you Becky and if it was me,I sure would be complaining. :)

It is wonderful to hear from you again. Thank you for all your lovely comments. I am up to my eyeballs in work and do not get the chance to do much else nowadays. There are not enough hours in m days to get some sleep in somewhere. What do they say about "no rest for the wicked"? I must be VERY wicked then. LOL!!

There are only a few posts which have comments as I feel so guilty when I cannot get to everyones blogs and write something there too. It being the height of our summer season, it seems I have a million pictures to process not to mention a few thousand for my website.

Things are going well here and besides the cold, I hope you and Gary are doing well. Soon it will be spring again.

I am trying to do a lot of marketing as I want to retire in a few months time to do photography on a full time basis so I am looking for some sponsors. It just seems like I get more and more involved right now and have started doing a lot of wild flowers, trees etc too, so MORE time involved. Anyway, the bottom line of it all is that I am staying out of mischief and keeping busy. LOL!!

Keep well Becky.
Hugs
Joan

Jan n Jer said...

Beautiful bird....glad to hear old man winter is being kind to you this year!!!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful shots of the pretty Redbellied woodie. It would be neat to see them nesting nearby. Great photos.

TexWisGirl said...

wow, she is really puffed up!!! nice shots!

Anonymous said...

Either it is really cold there or you feed your birds very well, she is a beauty.

Pat said...

She's a beauty!

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

I`ve had alot of red-bellies this year myself,they sure brighten up the gloom of winter! Nice shots!phyllis in Pa

Springman said...

We've gotten away with it as far as winters gone too. Now I have Prince Fielder to dream about. What this, the Tigers spending like the Yankees?!
Cheers Becky!